Friday 30 April 2021

Gear Review - Snugpak Jungle Blanket

One of my best purchases of equipment recently has been this outdoor blanket, the Snugpak Jungle Blanket. It's been such a wonderful addition to the pack this winter for day walks, picnics and bird-watching. I've also used it for relaxing in the garden or sitting on the promenade when we've been able to meet other households outside during the pandemic. Over the colder months, it's been such a joy to snuggle up underneath it and it adds an incredible amount of warmth when lingering outdoors. 


The blanket has a ripstop nylon material on the outside which is water resistant and a softer feeling material for the inside layer, with synthetic insulation sandwiched between the two. It measures approximately 196cm by 159cm. For packing it can be scrunched down to roughly 20cm by 15cm in the stuffsack provided. It weighs 715g and comes in olive or black. At that weight, I wouldn't take it on a camping trip on top of carrying all my camping equipment but it's easily carried for day trips in the rucsack or bicycle pannier. I bought a blanket for myself and one for my friend on Amazon and the price seemed to vary at different times between £25 and £30.


I've found the blanket to be incredibly practical and really cosy. It's so much warmer than just putting on an extra layer or duvet jacket when you stop because you can cover your legs too. Now I can't wait for the colder weather to return so I can snuggle up in it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment